I have a list of things I think we'll need that I've compiled from a few different sources. A lot of you probably have different opinions on what is REALLY needed, so please make suggestions if you see I'm missing something or if you think I have listed an item I won't really use.
And now, in no particular order:
- Bath stuff
· Shampoo, soap
|I love the colors of this bath set - it's a hooded towel and some washcloths with old cars on them.|
- Carseat (getting 2 from cousin Katie)
|I'm not a germ-a-phobe and I think kids are better off not being protected from every little thing, but Walmart grocery carts are one thing I don't want him chewing on.|
|This stroller was one of the higher-rated ones for safety, features, ease of use, etc. on Consumer Reports that was reasonably priced. Plus I think it's cool looking (c:|
|Large diaper bag.|
|Smaller diaper backpack.|
|Super awesome playpen.|
- Clothes (trying really hard not to get too much in case we are gifted with a lot!)
- Mittens (to avoid scratching face… does anyone know how necessary these are?)
- Socks (lots of them)
|Registered for these in 12 moth size. Love to think about him toddling around in little overalls.|
|Sling from Seven|
|Boppy pillow. Supposed to be mainly for nursing, but my friend, Grace, recommended the other pillow I have listed later. I still think this will be a good one for him to play on though.|
- Bassinet (my amazing Grandad is making an heirloom bassinet. My cousin Megan will use it first for her March baby and then I’ll get to use it in June)
- Blankets (between my mom and Ryan’s mom, we have tons of blankets)
- Bedding (My aunt Susan is making a quilt and bumpers for him… custom!) This is my inspiration for his bedding.
- Sheets (I’ll get them to match after the other bedding is done)
- Crib, mattress, mattress protector, and mattress pillow top.
- Feeding – I plan on breastfeeding
- Feeding pillow
|A strap-on nursing pillow called (hehe) My Breast Friend.|
- Rocking chair
- Burp rags
- High chair
|Ellie Mae has one of these with a little tray and it's great for a portable high chair.|
|Tray that goes with Bumbo.|
· Diaper Duty - Another thing I spent a lot of time researching yesterday was cloth diapers. I had thought I would go with the Flip system (I talked about it in a previous post), but now I am leaning towards bumGenius. It is the best-selling cloth diaper, competitively priced with Flip, it is a pocket-style (which means a trimmer fit which is more important for boys since they wear pants instead of dresses), and they have better color options. Whit is looking at cloth diapers too so I look forward to swapping notes with her when we get time.
o 6 One-Size fits all covers (the bumGenius website says you need to start with 12 but I plan on splitting between the One-Sizers and the smalls – anyone have pointers on this?)
o 6 Small covers – I figure that he will need the smaller diapers when he is little and the one-size ones will fit better when he is bigger…? Help!)
o 36 diaper inserts
o 36 cloth wipes
o Changing pad
o Changing table
o Covered Laundry can
o Deodorizing disks
o Diaper sprayer… do I need this?
o Diaper area wash… do I need this?
o Diaper detergent… do I need this?
o Rash ointment
o Pee Pee Tee Pees! hehehehe
|I'm looking to avoid being peed on.|
- Ear thermometer
o Healthcare kit
o Baby Orajel
o Baby gate
- Johnny Jump Up!
So that is basically my list, minus a few little things. Please let me know if I’m missing something important or that will just make our lives easier (c: