Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sonogram images at 6, 17, and 23 weeks

We had a sonogram yesterday afternoon at 23 weeks.  If you read my previous blog, you know that I was looking forward to getting a better look at him.  All day yesterday and the whole drive to the doctor's office, he was his normal self, happily [I assume] boxing away at my insides and being an all around wiggle worm.  Once the camera was on him though, I guess he decided it was nap time.  He used the placenta for a pillow, burying  his face into it and refusing to budge.  The technician tried having me lay on either side, even tried grabbing my belly and jiggling it to wake him.  Don't get me wrong, I hope he is a sound sleeper, but I wanted to see his face so badly!


After many attempts, we got a good shot of his profile and a portion of his face.  It's not a lot, but I can tell he has started to fill out.  His cute little lips and cheeks seem fuller than they did before.  We didn't get a picture of it, but it was amazing to see his long limbs - definitely takes after Ryan there - all folded up.  He was folded in half so his ankles were up by his head.  It was very cool to see, although the pictures don't do it justice at all, but I will share them anyway!

6 weeks - my mother in law donned him with the nickname "Peanut" before we knew whether he was a boy or a girl.  He does kind of resemble a peanut here, doesn't he??
17 weeks.  Yes, he resembles an alien here.  You can see how bony he is still this early on.
17 weeks - the moment of truth ya'll.  In order to understand what you're looking at, imagine you are looking up at him sitting on a glass table.  His leg is folded under him (you can see the bone in his shin) and if you look close enough you can make out the tiny bones in his foot (right under his bum).  The hand pointer is indicating the most significant part of this shot...
17 weeks - still painfully bony to behold (the technician assured us it was completely normal).  You can see his torso and rib cage, his little bum, and his legs folded across each other.
17 weeks - his face.  He was posing wonderfully that day.
23 weeks - his profile.  You can see he had his face up against the placenta.  He was moving a lot in this shot, throwing his head back and stretching out as much as he could, but still didn't quite move enough to get a shot of his face.
23 weeks - the best shot we were able to get of his face.  I wasn't sure what I was looking at until the tech explained it to me.  See how his face has filled out more.  His lips are so cute! 

We may actually be getting one more sonogram, but I don't think it will be the 4D one.  A school in Temple does free sonograms and we might go get one more there.


I also did a glucose test yesterday morning to check for gestational diabetes.  Got the results back today - all is well and normal - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment