Thursday, December 31, 2009

Miserable but Rich

It's official, I should be in bed.  I have been pretty miserable since Tuesday night with a runny nose, intense headache, and congestion.  Despite it all, I wasn't tired, so Ryan and I got all of the textbooks out from under the bed and put in each ISBN number into both AbeBooks.com and Half.com.  We used AbeBooks to figure out which ones would most likely sell (because they won't buy a book from you if they won't be able to sell it), and we decided to risk it and post them on Half.com, which isn't an instant return and may require me to be ready to go to the Post Office for the next couple of weeks, but of course if they do sell then you can get 2 or 3 or more times as much as Abe would pay.  Well, I was excited to see this morning that we have already sold 3 out of 10 books, and they are some of the more expensive ones.  I was reading today that Half.com will even reimburse us for the shipping costs. They take out 12-15ish% which isn't terrible.  Anyway, other than being miserable, I'm feeling pretty good to have turned some of the stuff under our bed into cash.
 
Tonight we'd originally planned on going over to the Oglesbee's for a New Year's Eve bash, but if I'm running a fever like I was this morning, I don't know what we'll do.  I am at work, but I don't know if I'll stay the whole day.  There were some things that really should get done today so I came in.  Also, I don't know if my sick days and vacation days dip from the same pot.  If I had called in sick, I may be left with only one vacation day for the whole of next year.  If I went home, I'd crawl in bed and sleep or I'd get a box of tissues and play Wave Race on Nintendo 64 with Ryan between nose-blowings.  He gets of early today, though we don't know what time.  They like to surprise him I guess.
 
It's such a bummer to be sick on the biggest party night of the year!!  Oh, not to mention, we've been married 200 days today (c:  Also, it's our 3-year dating anniversary.  We hooked up on New Year's Eve of 2006.  Doesn't seem that long ago now.  New Years will always have special meaning for us.  Maybe this is the year that we'll look back and be like, remember when we stayed home by ourselves and went through a whole box of tissues and went to bed early?  Sounds GREAT to me right now... I don't think it's Ryan's ideal though. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment