Thursday, May 26, 2011

Week 37: Low Pressure System

I don't want to discourage any of you out there who have not had children yet, but man oh man am I ready to be done.  I think Declan started to drop last weekend.  I don't know if babies "dropping" is like a "bloop" and they're dropped sort of deal, or if it's a progressive drop, but it is definitely getting more and more uncomfortable each day.  They call it "lightening" when your baby drops, supposedly because you can breathe easier.  I wouldn't have called it that though.  It feels more like a baby's head is settling into my pelvis and pressing on all my guts.  Funny, I feel heavier than ever.

I'm really not tempted to be angry at him for it.  In a really demented sort of way it's exciting to know we're getting this close.  I'd like to think this means we have less than 3 weeks.  At my appointment last Thursday, doc said he is head-down (has been for the past 2 weeks actually) and my cervix is starting to soften.  That sounded like a big deal to me but so far all my contractions have been just plain old Braxton Hicks.  Other than [intensifying] pressure and a few sharp pains that we will not go into too much detail on, we're still just business as usual.

Forgive me, I have grown very moody and frustrated the past few days.  I have transitioned to working from home which is nice in that I can put my feet up and stay in my PJs, even take a nap if I need to, but we've had a lot of connectivity problems and it is stressing me out a lot.  Plus my body hurts.  I'm just having a really bad day.

Happy news is that we made quite a bit of progress in the nursery last night.  We had dumped a bunch of stuff in the large closet in there from the move, and it needed to be sorted through.  Ryan threw a lot of stuff away (personal victory!) and I am just waiting for my energy to be recharged once more so that we can make more progress.  We made a huge Target order the other night to get the rest of the stuff on our registry, so that stuff will be trickling in and it will come together more and more.

Sorry this is a mostly bad update )c:

No comments:

Post a Comment