Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicken Soup for the Stomach, Please

Really did not want to get out of bed this morning.  Got my hot tea, still trying to wake up at work.  Come on, caffeine!

Going to the March of Dimes meeting over lunch.  I'm most excited about catered lunch... whenever there is catered meetings in this town, the people have good taste.  It's never anything like fried chicken or hotdogs.  Popular choices are Carino's, Jason's Deli, or McCallister's.  I'd be ecstatic with some Quizno's or even Pizza Hut.  Sometimes food that you don't make yourself just tastes better (c:

For Valentine's Day, Ryan and I are ordering pizza and watching tv in our PJs to our hearts content.  From Wednesday, the anticipation feels like looking forward to a vacation.  I'm so in love with the thought.

Still pondering that worms idea.  Called the apartment complex and as I suspected, no, can't have a guinea pig on the patio.  Oh well. 

Man it would sure liven things up to have some pictures on here, I know.  I meant to last night but truly, I just overestimated what I could accomplish in 4 hours.  I did manage to get 2 soups cooked, 4 loads of laundry done, dishes [plus we have no dish detergent at the moment so it's all by hand], downstairs somewhat picked up. I wanted to get the whole house clean too and take some pictures of our apartment while it was clean for our grandparents.  Tonight I am serving a soup buffet with grilled cheese sandwiches.  I'm excited about it, I just hope there is enough food.  It would be really good if I could put together one more soup... that will be at the back of my mind today.  What I think will really make it good is that I splurged and got some nice pepper jack cheese, so I'll make most of the sandwiches with that and also grate some up to toss in the potato soup. 

For dessert I'm going to make some homemade biscuits and serve them with butter and jelly.  Mmm... I have been craving those since I got the idea yesterday.  It's going to be a carb/starch rich meal, but at least it'll be warm and flavorful which is especially good when it's cold outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment