Monday, May 10, 2010

Get Back To Where You Once Belonged

At long last, I have started painting again.  I woke up Sunday morning thinking about it, and started getting excited about starting something new.  I have an idea that I love, so I will go to work on that next week.  Right now, working on a very special project.  I spent a couple of hours yesterday beginning, getting reacquainted with the way it feels to paint.  I was completely relieved that, although rusty, I haven't lost what may be best described as my instinct.  I was afraid after so much time had passed I would forget how.  In my mind I hoped that since I totally attribute any talent I have to God, that it would be preserved and consistent.  Well, I certainly made a few dumb mistakes.  And yes, when I came to a stopping point yesterday I was creeped out by the way the face on the canvas looked.  The smile is too big and the eyes look like they have eyeshadow, but even though it's creepy, the resemblance is still there and I know what to do next time I work on it - and that is how I know that with practice, I can get back.

I can't post pictures of it just yet though.  Must wait until next week.  However, I'll make sure to get some pictures of the process, including the caricature-like face on it now.

Speaking of creepy, I've been watching a UK show called Survivors.  It's about an epidemic that wipes out 99% of the world's population and then what those who survive do to keep on keepin' on.  If you're into UK suspense/drama and you can handle seeing a lot of dead people, might want to check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment