Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Outstanding in the Field

I read about this tour that basically just goes around the country with a long table and a lot of chairs.  They call on local farmers, chefs, artisans, and winemakers to create meals from the local ingredients, sometimes harvested just a few inches away from where the guests sit.  I thought this beach environment was particularly fantastic, but more true to the name of the company (Outstanding in the Field) they usually set up on farms or ranches.


It's a really cool idea!  I don't know if I'd ever do it except as maybe a gift for someone (hmm, maybe a gift for Ryan, someday) and looked like they mainly tour along the west coast.  Can you imagine what it would be like on the hillside of Lake Travis though?  Beautiful!  Sign me up for that one, when it comes!

Oh yeah you are probably curious what something like this costs.  $180-$220 per person.  That's quite a bit, but I can't ignore their smarts: it's a price people will pay! 

I'd love to go with people someday.  Say, Matt and Corinne and Colleen and Gannon.  They could educate me on the wine (c:

No comments:

Post a Comment