Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Let This City Take You In (Come On Home)

For the past few months I have been wondering what has happened to my drive.  I used to think of nothing but going home and working on my latest project, whether that be sewing something, hanging something, painting something, whatever.  I loved that motivation and creativity that I felt like I was bursting with, so much to the point of wanting to quit my job so  I could have more free time. 

That would have been a mistake, thankfully I did realize that.  Maybe my evil logical side won out and convinced my creative, reckless self to go away entirely for a while.  It is a pity, but maybe it has what has helped me to keep my responsibilities, lol. 

I am getting a taste of it back, though, this time with some credibility!  It's like my two selves have merged and figured out a way to work together!  My friend Ellen asked if I would like to be involved in a little 'Christmas Bazaar' event they are having.  She is a Pampered Chef consultant and she has several friends with other similar businesses.  Mary Kay, Stella Dot (a jewelry company), Thirty One (custom embroidered bags), Willow House (a branch of Southern Living home decor), and Scentsy (candles? I think?).  I helped them come up with the little promotional invite they had printed and they are going to let me have a table and display my portraits.  If all goes ideally, I will get some portrait commissions by the end of the evening!

This evening, watching Family Feud while I chill.  After that, going to get my paint game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment